Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random Recipes

For those of you who don't know me well. I LOVE to COOK! I love kitchen gadgets, I love baking especially!! So instead of writing all random thoughts that run around in my head. I decided maybe this blog posting can be useful to others and I would start posting random recipes. so if anyone wants to cook something new or likes something I make they can have the recipes. Here is the first installment. this was tonight dessert at my house. I changed up the usual crust tonight because this is what I had around my house. I do that a lot make things with what I have.


PEANUT BUTTER PIE
Crust:
12 chocolate cream sandwich cookies crushed up (in other words chocolate stuffed oreos)
2 tbsp butter melted


Take 1 tbsp melted butter and brush in inside of a 8 inch round pie plate or cake pan
Press cookie crumbs in pie plate
Brush remaining 1tbsp butter over top of crumbs
Bake at 200 for 10 minutes
Allow crust to cool

Mix together the following ingredients

1 8oz package softened cream cheese
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
8 0z thawed cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar

Pour into cooled pie crust and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours

Serve with a big glass of Ice Cold Milk! It will definitely make your men folk smile!

I recommend NOT using fat free ingredients as they do not set up well together and your pie turns into soup.

ENJOY YOUR RANDOM RECIPE FOR TODAY!

2 comments:

Kearsmom said...

Mmmm....that sounds yummy. I wish I could make it! Maybe one day...

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

time for you to update this blog. remember? you have a BLOG? wait a little longer and you'll be about as bad as me!