Friday, January 9, 2009

Grocery List

I have been out of town for a few days and began this morning to make a grocery list. I soon realized that we were out of everything! Depleted resources in all cabinets sinks and laundry room, almost empty Then I began my quiet time and soon realized that my life is so much like my grocery list, I need everything. everything He has. If we could "shop" for the attributes of God we need each day what would I choose? So I picked up my bible and quickly found just a few of the things that are available at God's endless "store" of resources. In Psalms 18 it says "God is our rock, our fortress, our deliverer. He is our mountain in whom we can seek refuge. He is the shield, The horn of our salvation, our stronghold." Wow! what would I pick? What would I choose today? What "shelf " would I go to first? Is it that simple? Can I just pick up the few things I need? Of course not! God says he will give us ALL we ever dreamed or imagined. He knows what we need to pick up. He knows what I need for each day. I can come to Him with my list and He will give me the exact portions of what I need. I just have to sit at His feet and listen and He can fill my cart full of all I will need to face this day. Patience yes, hope Yes, love , peace, kindness, YES yes Yes! I am so glad God sees the details of my life . My groceries lists, laundry and all. I am so thankful that He knows how to fill me up so I can overflow or as a speaker from the conference told us yesterday "slosh out" on the people around me with his love and grace. I want His fullness in my "cart " of life. I want Him to fill me up! Give Him your grocery list He will fill your order to perfection more than you even dreamed or imagined.

1 comment:

BB said...

i think i'll go shopping, too! if it's ok, i'll push my cart behind yours, so that when you "slosh out" Jesus, i will be the receiver!