Sunday, August 31, 2008

Couple of Things!!!!

First of all a shout out to all my friends who send me facebook messages and phone messages about my b-day!!! It is nice to be loved!!!!! I had a GREAT birthday!!! My hubby saw to it that we had a family fun weekend in Memphis!!! I got to take the kids riding on the trolley on Friday and we saw the Peabody ducks and a great deal of historical sites. We attended a Red birds baseball game!! On Saturday we got up and had a GREAT breakfast for those of you who don't know I LOVE BREAKFAST FOODS!!! I had freshly made Belgian waffle with strawberries and bacon, grits, sausage, and fresh fruit. Little man even ate a whole big omelet and fresh fruit too!!! Then we got to take the kids to GRACELAND!!! My oldest was so star stuck she listened to every possible part you could on the tour and was so excited I did not think she would make it though it! Little man can even tell you some historical facts about Elvis and his life!!! The hubby also took me shopping on Saturday and we all went to see the Rebels play! WHICH WE WON!!!!!! We did play well but we still need some work, especially the Defense. Although this birthday included none of the usual birthday stuff cake, candles, parties, balloons and presents it was such a joy to have time away with my family. I loved watching everyone have so much fun!!!

Second I did something I have never done before..... I shopped for groceries for a whole month at one time. It really made me sick to see the bill but at the same time It feels so good to be prepared!!! If you do not know me well I love to be prepared!! I love to get things done ahead of time. I love to finish one box of pop tarts and have another one ready in my cabinet if we need more. I know that's strange to some but I like to get it done fast and thoroughly. (I know how that sounded) Hopefully this will work for us Of course we will buy fresh bread and milk and eggs but we should not need much else. And if I want to have company I can without panicking. cool at least to me it is.

7 comments:

BB said...

you win the prize for preparedness! i know where to come when my lights go out, because i, on the other hand, would win the prize for the very least prepared!

Anonymous said...

There are an abnormal amound of ! in this post. I am so glad that you are excited! :-) And I am SO sorry I did not tell you happy late birthday this morning. So now, Happy Late Birthday! :-)

southernutahgirl said...

I agree i was a little too happy with the !!!! I am very happy right now sorry!!!! thanks for the birthday wish!!!!!

southernutahgirl said...

ok over 15 sets of !!! are a little much. Sorry readers. I will try and control myself next time.

southernutahgirl said...

bb you are welcome any time!

Junebug said...

glad yall had fun.

love the picture of you and your mom!

Junebug said...

also, i think Jake looks alot like you when you were a kid. just sayin.