Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine memories

I remember as a kid spending a ton of time on my valentines and my very special valentine box. Iremember putting white dollies on the box that was covered in red construction paper. And cutting out red.pink and white hearts in all sizes to place all around the box even the bottom. Do you remember picking out what valentine went to what kid. especially what boy. If it was a boy you did not like is would be a neutral one and if it was a boy you did like it would be one that said B MINE or UR SO CUTE. I had a male 6th grade teacher who I loved not had a crush on loved just loved. I spent hours trying to come up with a gift for Mr. Crane that would tell him just how much I loved that he was my teacher. I cannot remember what I ended up giving him but, I do remember his big smile when he got it. He also gave me a hug and told me Thank You Very much I will treasure this. This is one of the first years since my kids have been in school that one of them has had to make a valentine box. And of course it is the boy so.... We wrapped it in red contraction paper and cut out white hearts to go on it . We used some scrapbook letters to put his name in red on the top and put cars and Hershey kisses on it. He really is proud of it. The oldest spent at least an hour picking which cards went to who at school and church but did not really want to give one to her teacher. The little girl got tired of writing her name after just a few and wanted to just write her initials M.E.. I told her she had to write her whole name on her ones for school but the ones she sent to nanny and papa and grandpa she could do as she wanted. So she did.
Happy Valentines to all ,
LOVE,
T.H, K.H., A.H., J.H. and M.E..
R U 2 CUTE!!!!

2 comments:

Junebug said...

recently, when my parents were cleaning out their house, i ran across my Valentine box from 5th grade. it was hideous! aluminum foil hearts. a couple different kinds of lace wrapped ALL THE WAY around the bottom. and of course, the doilies.

anyway, your baby's box looks great. you should save it so he can look back when he's almost 40 and wonder why in the world...

:-)

Kearsmom said...

I agree. J did a great job on his box. And I think M.E. is good enough. I mean, doesn't Queen Elizabeth just go by QE II???